On 27/04/2021 we held our first footnotes community meeting. This time it was more or less an internal developer/team meeting and we’re opening it up to the public!
What we talked about
- the journey of the footnotes core development team over the past half year, how there was a bit of a rough patch and some storming going on. Now everything is settled and we’re bug-fixing and releasing at a sustainable pace.
- the pending 3.0 release which will include a major refactoring of the codebase
- unit tests and testing infrastructure
- to promote the need for participation
- making the community meeting info and the footnotes GitHub repository a part of the plugin’s official readme.txt
- some project figures
Some project figures
- footnotes has 59 reviews with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars
- our plugin has been downloaded around 125,000 times
- it’s actively running on more than 6,000 websites
- more than one third of our users are on the latest version
- we have 18 plugin contributors listed on the WordPress.org Plugin Page
The need for participation
Who do we need?
- Ambassadors: To promote the plugin and its usefulness for websites of all categories
- Support representatives: To help with troubleshooting and interaction with the community in the forums
- Beta testers: To test development releases against common scenarios
- Developers: To build the automated testing suite (PHP Unit tests) and help with the overall development of the plugin
Even though this is a volunteering effort and we’re unable to pay anyone in money, you can gain valuable experience in the planning, development, testing and securing of software in general and a niche WordPress plugin in particular. You can gain experience working with a globally distributed team. This is also an additional item in your CV.
At your earliest convenience. Just shoot me an email.
Next footnotes community meeting
The next meeting will be held on 31/05/2021 at 8pm GMT+02:00 (CET) and all following meetings will be held on the last Monday of the month at the same time. If you want to join, I have set up a Google Meet and you can add it to your calendar